COVID 19 PROCEDURES
You are invited to relax and immerse yourself in your spa experience with the health of our guests and staff as top priority. Amatista has enacted new policies and rigorous health measures to enhance the already highest standards in hospital-grade spa hygiene and sanitation protocols.
We kindly ask and thank our guests for helping to keep us all safe by respecting the following guidelines.
Public Health Orders
To ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we are currently only accepting clients residing on Vancouver Island and who have not travelled outside of Vancouver Island within 14 days of their appointment.
For the safety of our guests and associates:
- If you or a member of your household have developed any of the following symptoms; Cough, Fever, Breathlessness, Sore Throat, Headaches within the last 7 days, kindly contact the Spa prior to arrival of your appointment so we can obtain further information. As a gentle reminder, if you or any member of your household has recovered from any of these symptoms within the last 14 days, we recommend you call the spa prior to arrival.
- Our outdoor serenity pool, relaxation lounge, and changerooms are now open. If you wish to enjoy the outdoor serenity pool overlooking beautiful Mt. Baker prior to your arrival, we ask that you arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Guests forgoing the use of the Spa amenities are asked to arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled treatment time.
- Please be advised, in order to maintain social distancing, the use of the serenity pool is not available following your spa treatment and we ask that you limit your time in the lounge after your treatment.
- If you have a mask, we ask that you wear it, or we will provide one for you at the cost of $2.00.
- Upon entering the spa, we ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided, and wait to be greeted by one of the concierge team.
Our Commitment to our Guests & Staff
Due to the nature of the spa environment we know Amatista will not be able to completely remove physical touching but we'd like to assure you that the proper protocols and commitments are in place to ensure a remarkable and comfortable experience:
- Public and workplace safety is our top priority.
- Our safety and sanitization procedures will meet or exceed all provincial, local and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene.
- Protection measures such as physical distancing where possible, barriers, improved sanitation protocols and the use of personal protective equipment are in place for guests and staff members.
- All staff will be trained on sanitation and best hygiene practices.
- Staff who feel ill or have a fever will be asked to stay at home and self-isolate.
- Full sanitation of all treatment spaces and linens between each service.
- Guests and staff will refrain from hugging and shaking hands.
As we slowly and safely navigate our gradual opening, we appreciate your understanding, kindness and ask for you to be courteous and patient. We are experiencing a high number of calls with limited staff due to restrictions. Please know that we are doing our very best to accommodate all guests.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we look forward to welcoming you (back) to the Spa.